Saturday, July 7, 2012

something to think on

I met up with my quad of women from house church not too long ago, at our every other week meetings and they always make me walk away immensely blessed. They are such a sense of encouragement and accountability to me. 

One of them provided a sheet of paper..I don't know where this excerpt is from but its something  that I have been meditating on for awhile now, and it says this:

Nothing is so small or trivial as to escape the attention of God's sovereign control; nothing is so great  as to be beyond His power to control it. The insignificant sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his will; the mighty Roman empire cannot crucify Jesus Christ unless that power is given to it by God. And what is true for the sparrow and for Jesus is true for you and me. No detail of your life is too insignificant for your heavenly Father's attention; no circumstance is so big that He cannot control it.

Sometimes I get caught up in life, sometimes I feel repetitive in my prayers and what I am asking for. Sometimes I feel as though what I am asking is insignificant to what others might need or are coming to God with. 

A lot of times, I just slack in talking to him...because I am too busy, too tired, because I would rather sit and read a book rather then spend quality time with him.

No matter what the source is; I mean something to him, he cherishes those moments that I spend in the word and talking to him. Whether it is my frustration with getting Ava potty trained, my challenges I face as a mother to a toddler and my insecurities with parenting, or my illness; this is not insignificant to him...these are all things he cares about. Whether it be the smallest insecurity or a huge struggle in my life, whether it's just talking to him about my day and checking in, or going to him in prayer. ALL of these things mean something to him...ALL of them, no matter how big or small it may seem to him. He will guide me, he will control it, he will get me through whatever it may be. He wants that quality time with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment